Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gads

Image representing Microsoft as depicted in Cr...Image via CrunchBase

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2009/Apr09/04-15Office2010.mspx

MSFT's ads lately have all been built around a message something like "helping people work the way people need to work" or some such.

Man, that's ironic.

We've all spent our whole adult working lives learning ways to get work done *in spite of* MSFT constantly being in the way at every turn. I can think of no company whose products have less to do with the way people actually use PCs, or struggle to use them. In fact, I can't think of a company that's more in the way... If I could have back all the hours I spent finding a work-around for Microsoft, I'd have invented strong AI by now.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

ShareThis