Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mud

http://www.mediaaccess.org/articles/comments-of-keynote-speaker-mark-lloyd-at-social-media-net-neutrality-and-future-of-journalism-event

"Allow me to clear away some mud: I am not a Czar appointed by President Obama. I am not at the FCC to restore the Fairness Doctrine through the front door or the back door, or to carry out a secret plot funded by George Soros to get rid of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck or any other conservative talk show host. I am not at the FCC to remove anybody, whatever their color, from power. I am not a supporter of Hugo Chavez. The right wing smear campaign has been, in a word – incredible, generating hate mail and death threats. It is the price we pay for freedom of speech. And I do support free speech."

-- Mark Lloyd, Chief Diversity Officer, Federal Communication Commission

It's a shame that public servants have to actually say things like this.

No comments:

ShareThis