Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Perfect Republican

Lord Mayor of London in his coronation robes.Image via Wikipedia http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/09/17/palin_mayor/

"Four years later, the ambitious Palin won the Wasilla mayor's office -- after scorching the "tax and spend mentality" of her incumbent opponent. But Carney, Palin's estranged former mentor, and others in city hall were astounded when they found out about a lavish expenditure of Palin's own after her 1996 election. According to Carney, the newly elected mayor spent more than $50,000 in city funds to redecorate her office, without the council's authorization.

"Carney confronted Mayor Palin at a City Council hearing, and was shocked by her response.

"I braced her about it," he said. "I told her it was against the law to make such a large expenditure without the council taking a vote. She said, 'I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.'"

Even in small towns , people will not be rest until they live in a dictatorship. This sort of personality is exactly what voters want in leadership, right up until they can't vote anymore. And even that won't matter, they will still cheer.

***

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/09/15/bess/index1.html

Another valley activist, Philip Munger, says that Palin also helped push the evangelical drive to take over the Mat-Su Borough school board. "She wanted to get people who believed in creationism on the board," said Munger, a music composer and teacher. "I bumped into her once after my band played at a graduation ceremony at the Assembly of God. I said, 'Sarah, how can you believe in creationism -- your father's a science teacher.' And she said, 'We don't have to agree on everything.'

"I pushed her on the earth's creation, whether it was really less than 7,000 years old and whether dinosaurs and humans walked the earth at the same time. And she said yes, she'd seen images somewhere of dinosaur fossils with human footprints in them."

Munger also asked Palin if she truly believed in the End of Days, the doomsday scenario when the Messiah will return. "She looked in my eyes and said, 'Yes, I think I will see Jesus come back to earth in my lifetime.'"

Someday America will make Iran look progressive, if people like Sarah Palin have their way. And why shouldn't they? When you believe God is on your side, you are more that right, you are righteous, anyone who disagrees is an enemy and any enemy is more then wrong, they are evil.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

ShareThis